top of page
Study Guide Chapter Six
- Where is the Brighton Reservation? (County?)
- Why are Florida range cows considered "magicians"?
- Where can someone buy a "living bit of history" (cracker cows or cracker horses) today?
- When was the last historic cattle drive across Florida?
- What is the Florida Cracker Trail? What year was it designated?
- Stephen Monroe, Head of the Department of Agriculture's Cattle Operation has stated: "It is a living, breathing, touchable, and tangible link to our history. this isn't some artifact in a stagnant, cold, mildewed museum exhibit." What did he mean by this statement?
- Where can one visit an old cow camp?
- Who is Mitchell Kolbe? what's the name of his bronze sculpture featuring a Cracker Cowboy, a Cracker Cow, a Cracker Horse, and a Cracker Dog?
- Why are leather cow whips considered a treasure today? What material is used today for plaiting most cow whips?
bottom of page